Tickets for Forchtenstein Castle: Esterházy Treasure Chamber Guided Tour
Live like a prince as you discover Forchtenstein Castle's incredible treasures
- Lose yourself in the opulent lifestyles of the Esterházy princes, as you explore their incredible treasure collection – it's the largest original treasure chamber of its kind in the world!
- See breathtaking jewelry, ornate crowns and trophies, decadent furniture, carvings, clocks, automata and more
- Learn all about the castle and its prestigious rulers in an informative and insightful guided tour
If you love shiny things and priceless artifacts you're going to love the appropriately named 'Treasure Chamber'. These fortified rooms of the magnificent Forchtenstein Castle are brimming with all things shiny, from the bejeweled spoils of war to a collection of priceless clocks and automata. Join a knowledgeable guide to learn about all of these eye-catching items!
The Esterházy princes really knew how to live, and their mountainside fortress is a perfect testament to their wealth, influence and power. The whole castle is certainly eye-catching enough, but when you head down to the treasure chamber, prepare to be thoroughly blown away.
It's the only chamber of this scale to completely preserve its original collection and condition, so you'll feel just like a prince (or princess!) as you browse its breathtaking wares. Look out for ornate ivory carvings, a gargantuan collection of silver furniture, and the priceless Augsburg automata, all displayed in the original 17th-century cabinets.
Your expert guide will make sure you get the most from your visit, and you'll learn all about the history of this incredible building and the people who lived there over the centuries.
- Guided tour of the Treasure Chamber of Forchtenstein Castle
- Access to other parts of the Castle
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- By car: Take the A2/A3 to Eisenstadt, then continue on the S31 to Forchtenstein
- Bus: from Vienna Südtirolerplatz to Forchtenstein
Don't be tempted to try and pocket any of these priceless items – the chamber is heavily fortified and was once guarded by a crocodile!