- Get the royal treatment in Edinburgh with a trip to The Queen’s Gallery, part of The Queen's official residence in Scotland
- View one of the changing art exhibitions for the Royal Collection
- Learn about the Order of the Thistle, the highest honor in Scotland, and listen to commentary from Royal Collection Trust experts
The restoration of the monarchy in 1660, following more than ten years of Cromwellian rule, led to the art scene's resurgence in England. Charles II's court was a hub for great artists and their work, much of which glorified the restored monarchy and their regal apartments. See old paintings by the masters, furniture and more in this rich and impressive collection.
Want to see why it's really called The Royal Mile? The Queen’s Gallery, at the entrance to the Palace of Holyroodhouse, is home to royally fantastic exhibitions from the Royal Collection, which change regularly. Plus, learn about the prestigious Order of the Thistle (and more!) from your audio guide!
Step inside The Queen’s Gallery, on the site of The Queen's official residence in Scotland which was opened by Her Majesty on 29 November 2002 as part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations, and explore the current exhibition.
- Entrance to the Queen's Gallery at Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Free multimedia guide in English
- Entrance to other parts of the Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Please note that your smartphone voucher must be exchanged for paper tickets upon arrival
- You'll be required to go through an airport-style security check
- In order to speed this process up and reduce queuing times, please carry as few bags and items with you as possible
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.