Tickets for The Queen's Gallery, Palace of Holyroodhouse
See the art exhibitions at The Queen’s official residence in Scotland
- Get the royal treatment in Edinburgh with a trip to The Queen’s Gallery, part of The Queen's official residence in Scotland
- View one of the changing art exhibitions for the Royal Collection
- Learn about the Order of the Thistle, the highest honor in Scotland, and listen to commentary from Royal Collection Trust experts
Want to see why it's really called The Royal Mile? The Queen’s Gallery, at the entrance to the Palace of Holyroodhouse, is home to royally fantastic exhibitions from the Royal Collection, which change regularly. Plus, learn about the prestigious Order of the Thistle (and more!) from your audio guide!
Step inside The Queen’s Gallery, on the site of The Queen's official residence in Scotland which was opened by Her Majesty on 29 November 2002 as part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations, and explore the current exhibition.
Splendours of the Subcontinent: A Prince's Tour of India 1875–6
15 December 2017 – 22 April 2018
In October 1875, Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, the eldest son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, set off on a four-month tour to over 21 localities, which today encompass India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Nepal. Travelling nearly 7,600 miles by land and 2,300 miles by sea, he met more than 90 rulers of the different regions he visited, establishing personal links and strengthening ties between the Subcontinent and the British Crown.
The Prince recognised the great cultural value and artistic merit of the gifts he had received, and on his return to Britain made arrangements for the items to be placed on public display.
Entitled The Prince of Wales's India Collection, the exhibition toured Britain and Europe between 1876 and 1883 to allow as many people as possible to view the extraordinary examples of design and craftsmanship from the Subcontinent.
Similarly, Splendours of the Subcontinent: A Prince's Tour of India 1875–6 will offer opportunities to view these magnificent works at The Queen's Gallery, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Entrance to the Queen's Gallery at Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Free multimedia guide in English
- Entrance to other parts of the Palace of Holyroodhouse
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Train to Waverley Station + a 15-minute walk
- Bus: Line 6 to Scottish Parliament, line 35 to Whitefoord House or Abbeyhill Crescent