- Discover the natural beauty and cultural riches of Scotland's Highlands with a guided tour of the Highland Games
- Hear bagpipe band competitions, see tartan-clad revelers dancing their wee hearts out, and feel free to join in yourself
- Marvel at the brawny feats of strength as hammers are hurled and cabers are tossed, while track-and-field races occur all around
The hills are alive with the sound of bagpipes! Throw on your kilt and experience this one-of-a-kind highlight of the Scottish culture calendar.
Treat yourself to a tour of the famous Highland Games. View the villages and hillsides of the highlands, and witness Olympic-level feats of strength, agility, and high-spirited festivity as tartan-clad laddies and lassies compete and dance to an epic chorus of bagpipe music.
A friendly local Scot will guide you around some of the most spellbinding highland scenery, regaling you with the myths and legends of the area, and giving you insider tips on how best to hurl a hammer!
From the wild hillsides to charming villages, your adventure will take you into the heart of the Highland Games.
As in centuries past, the games commence with a traditional clan gathering. Outsiders and visitors are more welcome these days than in the tribal days of old, so you can expect the warmest of Scottish greetings.
As bagpipe music fills the air, you'll see traditional dancing, running races, hammer throwing, caber tossing, and the occasional dram of Scotch whisky disappearing.
- Admission to the Highland Games
- Audio guide (available in German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French & Mandarin)
- Local Scottish guide
- Souvenir map
- Food & drinks
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Highland Explorer Tours office at least 15 minutes before departure time
- If you want to have an audio guide, please request it from a member of the check-in team
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Highland Games Program:
- Sun 26 May: Blair Atholl
- Sun 9 June: Glamis
- Sat 6 July: Luss
- Sun 4 Aug: Bridge of Allan
- Sun 18 Aug: Crieff
- Sat 7 Sep: Braemar Gathering (please note that this tour departs at 08:00 instead of 08:30, and returns at 20:00 instead of 17:30)
- Sat 14 Sep: Pitlochry