Tickets for The Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship & Famine Story
A lesson in Irish history aboard a replica sailing ship
- Learn what life was like for an emigrating Irish citizen back in the mid-1800s
- Explore the replica of the Jeanie Johnston which made 16 emigrant journeys during the famine
- See the living quarters and cabins and learn about Irish history as you go from your live guide!
Board a replica tall ship and learn about what life was like as an Irish emigrant leaving famine-ravaged Ireland for a new start in the New World. Tour the ship with a guide and see the cabins and living quarters, and hear the stories of the passengers.
The original Jeanie Johnston sailed a total of sixteen emigrant journeys from Ireland to North America between 1847 and 1855, carrying over 2,500 people.
At the Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship & Famine Story, you'll see the dimly-lit living quarters and cabins with an English-speaking guide. You'll also hear stories of the waves of Irish immigrants who traded certain famine at home for the great unknown of North America.
- Guided tour of Jeanie Johnston
- Show your smartphone ticket at the ticket office next to the ship
- Make sure to be there at least 5 minutes before the tour starts
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.