- Enjoy a drive through the Irish countryside and explore the Hill of Tara and Newgrange - two of the world’s most ancient sites
- Walk the hill that was the seat of power of Irish High Kings and get a guided tour inside the tomb of Newgrange, a mysterious monument (way) older than the Pyramid of Giza
- Round your day off with a stop in Howth, the picturesque seaside village that's now an upscale part of Dublin city
Get ready for a tour that’ll change the way you think of Ireland. Explore the Hill of Tara, where the High Kings were once crowned, and Newgrange, home of one of the oldest astronomically aligned monuments in the world. If you thought Ireland was shamrocks and Guinness, you're about to get schooled in the ancient ways of Irish kings and sacred ceremony. There’s Neolithic fun and adventure to be had on this day trip.
Hop on the bus and bask in the very green countryside as your driver entertains and educates you in that silver-tongued way the Irish have. However, these fantastical stories of long ago are all true.
The Hill of Tara was built between 3,400 BC and 3,200 BC. It predates two of ancient history’s rock stars: Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid of Giza. Yes, it's literally older than the pyramids. This area, named by the Smithsonian as one of the 15 must-see endangered cultural treasures in the world, served as a seat of government for centuries.
After your visit to this hallowed spot, you'll continue on to Newgrange, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your visit includes a guided tour inside the tomb of Newgrange - something only a handful of visitors get to do.
On your way back to Dublin you'll stop in Howth, a fishing village turned posh neighborhood. Keep an eye out for harbor seals, and capture the dramatic views from Howth summit.
By the time you return to the Fair City, you’ll have a very different picture of Ireland and its cultural treasures in your head.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Dublin Visitor Centre
- Starting Time: 09:00
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Bus: Any bus to the Millennium Spire or Lower O’Connell Street.