Tickets for Malahide Castle & Northern Coastal Tour
Dublin’s finest castle and fishing village
- Hop on the tour bus and visit the 12th-century Malahide Castle, a solid piece of Irish history surrounded by 260 acres (1.1 km2) of parkland
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the northern coast of Dublin - it looks good even when the weather looks terrible
- Stroll around the beautiful village of Howth and feast your eyes with the fabulous views from its summit
The Irish capital is bigger than you think, make sure you take in what lies beyond Temple Bar and the Guinness Storehouse. This tour takes you from Dublin’s city center to the north of the city, where a haunted castle and a fishing village with a view await you. No messing around with trains, no long walks between venues.
Forget about Dublin Castle - the most authentic medieval fortification in the city is in the village of Malahide. There you’ll find the recently renovated, but still-very-epic-looking, Malahide Castle. Built in the 12th century and held by the Talbot family for over 800 years, this magnificent monument has everything: lush gardens, fine period furniture, bloody history, and not one, not two, but five ghosts! You might want to bring a proton pack.
The award-winning guides at the castle will tell you about the Talbot family, and their connection with the history-making Battle of the Boyne. Make sure to check out the castle’s grounds before getting back to the bus - they’re so expansive that big shots like Eric Clapton and Radiohead have played here.
The next and final stop is Howth, a fishing village turned posh neighborhood. There’s plenty to see and photograph here, but nothing beats a good old game of spot-the-seal at the harbor. The grand finale is the drive to Howth summit, where you’ll be able to enjoy panoramic views of the whole of Dublin Bay - minus the 30-minute climb. After all, you have some pint-lifting to do back in the city!
- Live guide on the bus and at the castle
- Admission to the castle
- Food and drinks
- Show your smartphone ticket at the desk of the City Sightseeing shop
- The tour starts daily at 09:30 and 14:00
Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date.
Bus: Any bus to the Millennium Spire.
Did the tour around the castle whet your appetite? Fret not, the best fish and chips in town can be found in Howth: Beshoff Bros. Just walk in, choose the kind of fish you’d like and answer the quintessential question: “Salt and vinegar?”
Castle was amazing
Must see site in Ireland