- Learn about the Talbot family, who lived in the castle for 800 years and were a huge influence on history and some of Ireland's major events
- Take a free castle tour and see some incredible paintings from the National Gallery of Ireland
- Take a walk in 22 acres of gardens and woodland for interactive exhibitions, and don't miss the kid-friendly fairy trail
The oldest parts of Malahide Castle date back to the 12th century. That's way before the Talbot family (who lived there for 800 years) were able to enjoy a Guinness in the gorgeous gardens! Take yourself on a trip through time (and their lives) with a free tour - and stroll through acres of woodland.
Meander through a wealth of amazing medieval Irish history, and the lives of the Talbots - one of Ireland's most prominent families - at Malahide Castle & Gardens.
Find out how they stuck their fingers into all sorts of pies when it came to Ireland's key events. Then head to the beautiful gardens - once used for growing the castle's fruit and vegetables. Meander through acres of woodland and make your way to the fairy trail - the kids will love that.
The free castle tour is well worth it for more fun facts on the lives of the Talbots. See beautiful period furniture, paintings from the National Gallery of Ireland, the reception rooms and the Great Hall, and imagine their lives amongst such luxury!
A fascinating family day out from Dublin.
- Entrance to Malahide Castle & Gardens
- Interactive audio sets in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian
- 45-minute guided tour in English (optional)
- Entrance to the Butterfly House
- Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- For reduced tickets, please bring a valid ID/student ID
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.