- Visit the original Bow Street distillery in Dublin, and learn the story, process and taste of Jameson over 40 minutes
- Gain a greater appreciation of whiskey production (and consumption) on your informative tour - they leave every 15 minutes, so you can enjoy a stress-free experience
- Enjoy a comparative tasting, so you can learn the differences between Scotch, American and Irish whiskies and a complimentary drink in JJ's Bar
A trip to Bow Street Distillery is a pilgrimage for whiskey aficionados. For everyone else it's just a great chance to dig deeper into the history of Dublin (and one of Ireland's most famous exports). Although distilling no longer takes place onsite, a trip here is an excellent way to understand the how and why of whiskey. And - of course - try "a coupla wee drams" of the golden liquid.
This ticket gets you a 40-minute guided tour that will give you a real appreciation for everything Jameson, from their heritage to the production process. It may also give you a light buzz, as the last part of the tour includes a comparative tasting, so you can understand the key differences between Scotch whisky, American bourbon, and Irish whiskey.
After your comparison tasting, you can enjoy a complimentary glass of Jameson – neat, on the rocks, or however you fancy! Afterward, you can hang out in JJs, the in-house bar, and carry on the good times.
Oh, this tour also includes a Jameson Whiskey Tasting Certificate, which you can point to next time you pour an after-dinner round for dinner guests.
Show your smartphone ticket at the reception in the main hall.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Bus: Line 83 to Law Library
- Hop-On Hop-Off bus: Red Route to Smithfield
- Tram: Red line to Smithfield + 2-minute walk
- Nearest car park on Queens Street/Smithfield Square
Ashling (hope I got the name right) was a wonderful tour guide.
Interesting visuals show how Jameson is made.
Visitor participation is an interesting way of comparing libations.
...and then the after tour tasting.