Tickets for GPO Witness History Visitor Centre
An interactive journey into Ireland's amazing past
- Learn all about the history of Ireland and the past events that shaped its future
- Experience the events of the 1916 Easter Rising from the perspective of the active participants on both sides and the bystanders caught in the middle
- Immerse yourself thanks to touchscreens, videos, audiovisual booths, authentic artifacts and never-before-seen footage
Ready for an interactive, immersive journey into modern Irish history? At the award-winning GPO Witness History in Dublin's historical General Post Office building you can experience the events of the 1916 Easter Rising, uncover historical artifacts, play with the latest in touchscreen technology, and even send some Morse code messages.
This interactive visitor attraction puts you right in the heart of Ireland's jaw-dropping past. The GPO was the communications hub of Ireland and headquarters of the men and women who took part in the 1916 Easter Rising. This hugely significant event in Irish history led eventually to the creation of the Irish Republic.
See it all from the perspective of the witnesses, the active participants on both sides, and the bystanders stuck in the middle.
Compose your own newspaper reports, take a look at the original copy of the Proclamation, and if you're feeling particularly spy-like, send a Morse code message!
With electronic touchscreens, video, audiovisual booths, authentic artifacts, and incredible, never-before-seen footage, this burst of interactive history will literally put you in touch with Ireland's past.
Show your smartphone ticket at the admission desk.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Bus: Lines 40, 120, 122, or 870 to Millennium Spire stop
- Luas Red Line: Abbey Street stop
- Luas Green Line: St. Stephen's Green stop