- Gain a unique insight into Dublin's atmospheric Victorian burial place and visit the award-winning Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- Step into Daniel O'Connell's Celtic Romantic designed Crypt, and see the tallest tower in Ireland
- Catch the famous speech given by Patrick Pearse at Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa's grave on 1 August 1915. It's re-enacted every day at 14:30 by an actor dressed as Pearse
Over 1.5 million people are at rest in the moving Glasnevin Cemetery. Take a General History tour and travel deep into Dublin's past, 100 years after the Easter Rising. Or visit the graves of Irish heroes and learn the meaning of the cemetery's symbolism and architecture on the Dead Interesting tour.
Choose one of these hot, historical tours, add in a trip to the museum and it's clear that to leave Dublin without visiting Glasnevin would be a grave mistake. (Sorry).
Dead Interesting Tour
This brand new tour of Glasnevin Cemetery promises a grand overview of the cemetery's varied sculpture, symbolism and architecture. Learn which sporting heroes rest here, hear about the horticulture and natural life that thrives among the dead, and pass the vault that was pivotal in the Irish War of Independence!
General History Tour
Let your guide regale the tales of colorful souls who shaped Irish history. Ulster Covenant, The First World War, The Easter Rising and The War of Independence will all be unearthed and dissected via enjoyable historical anecdotes. Plus, see the graves of Irish heroes including Eamon DeValera, Michael Collins, Countess Markievicz and more.
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Step inside this award-winning museum; the world's first cemetery museum, no less. Exhibitions cover the cemetery history, funeral monuments and there's even an impressive touchscreen table containing 200 life stories of important Irish figures, spanning almost 200 years.
The O’Connell Tower (separate ticket required, available onsite)
For the first time in over 45 years, you can climb the O'Connell Tower – Ireland's tallest round tower. After a comprehensive restoration programme, the staircase in the tower is now accessible, complete with an exhibition about the legendary figure himself and the fascinating history of the tower. Once at the top, you'll enjoy panoramic views across the sprawling cemetery grounds, with the cities of Dublin and Wicklow, and the Irish Sea as a backdrop.
- Dead Interesting Tour or General History tour
- Access to the award-winning Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- 10% off at the Tower Café and a €5 Genealogy voucher
- Access to the O’Connell Tower (available onsite for an extra fee)
Show your smartphone ticket at the cash desk. The entrance to the museum is on the right, tours will also leave from there.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Visit the Gravediggers pub around the corner for a drink or a bowl of coddle.
from the mid 1800’s to the end of the 1900’s
this is unmissable.A truly uplifting experience added to by the tour guide whose surname happens to be O Connell