- Learn about Vermeer, and witness exquisite reproductions of each of his paintings in chronological order
- Experiment with the camera obscura and play with light, color, and perspective, just as Vermeer did - and step into the world of Vermeer’s paintings
- Witness his working methods on the site of the former St. Lucas Guild, where Vermeer worked as Dean of the Painters
Uncover the symbols in Vermeer’s work, find out how he documented his feelings on love, see reproductions of original paintings and get a free audio tour! At Vermeer Centrum Delft you'll step into 17th-century Delft (as well as one of Vermeer's paintings!).
Many of Johannes Vermeer's works were on the theme of love - sometimes subtle, sometimes obvious. See if you can spot his hidden depths at this homage to his work in the very place he inspired so many, as Dean of the Painters.
Get a glimpse into the life of this famous Dutch painter via an oeuvre of 37 paintings. Notice how his brushstrokes and styles referred to love in many different ways. Witness his working methods - how did he paint? What did he use and why?
For a more in-depth experience, take a tour with the help of a fascinating free audio guide.
You can even play around with a camera obscura (the predecessor to the photographic camera), to see how Vermeer pioneered its use to enhance light and perspective in his paintings!
Show your smartphone ticket at the box office.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Stick around after you visit. There's a cute cafe here that's perfect for grabbing a coffee and some homemade cake.
Thank you a lot
We hope to come back and bring our friends there
Jolanta, Vytautas, Ainis