- See how and why Delft artisans succeeded in making their famous Delftware to mirror the success of China
- Learn about William of Orange, a founding father of the Netherlands who was killed in this building
- Learn about famous Delft residents who changed the nation, including artists and scientists over the centuries
Meet the innovators and creative minds behind the development of the Netherlands at Museum Prinsenhof Delft. Learn about William of Orange, considered a founding father of the nation, and see the bullet holes left behind by his assassination in this very building. Step into a beautiful museum designed to showcase political innovations, Delft Blue pottery, and famous artists and inventors from the city of Delft.
Can you feel the atmosphere? This is the actual building where one of the most dramatic and consequential events of Dutch history took place; the murder of William of Orange. Why was he assassinated, and what is the legacy of the murdered forefather of King Willem-Alexander? Find out as you step into the scene, which still features the bullet holes left behind centuries ago.
The rest of the history-steeped museum focuses on other aspects of the nation's past, including the famous Delft Blue. While renowned as one of the Netherlands' most famous exports, it was originally developed in an ambitious effort to recreate the world-famous Chinese blue-white porcelain. Get stuck into a world of Dutch business spirit, and see your open-mouthed reflection in this stunning 'counterfeit porcelain'.
Meet famous Delft citizens such as Johannes Vermeer, Michiel van Mierevelt, Anthonie van Leeuwenhoek and Hugo de Groot. See how their brains and aptitude for trade, technology, art, and science changed the face of the Netherlands and the world.
It's a Delft delight with a dark history, and well worth a couple of hours!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Changes are possible for this ticket