- Enjoy return bus transport from Cusco and guided tours around three of Peru's most significant historical sites
- Visit two archaeological locations at Tipón and Pikillaqta, and learn about the once dominant Inca and Wari cultures
- Marvel at the murals and stunning gold decor of Andahuaylillas' 17th-century church of San Pedro Apóstol
Machu Picchu might be its biggest draw, but there's so much more to Peru than the famed Inca citadel. On this guided adventure out of Cusco, you'll bus to some of the lesser-seen sights of South America's Andean gem.
First stop is the enigmatic Inca construction of Tipón. Explore its sprawling, irrigated terraces and try to solve the mystery of how it came to be, with the help of your English-speaking guide.
From there, you'll move on to the pre-Inca site of Pikillaqta, where Wari relics are still being unearthed to this day. Hear all about its former functions, and theories as to why it was suddenly abandoned and burned around 1,000 years ago.
The church of San Pedro Apóstol, or the Temple of Andahuaylillas, is the jewel of the tour. Wonder at two of the oldest organs in the Americas, walls adorned with murals, and probably more gold leaf than you've ever seen in one place. It's called the 'Sistine Chapel of the Andes' for a reason!
Show your smartphone ticket to the driver at the agreed meeting point on the selected day of your tour.
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket