- Journey into the Andes by bus and discover the wonder of Peru's beautiful Humantay Lake
- Hike the last 3 km to the lagoon and learn the region's history from a professional guide
- Enjoy convenient return travel from Cusco as well as breakfast and lunch as part of your tour
Humantay Lake has been a pilgrimage site for ancient Inca shamans and intrepid explorers for thousands of years. This beautiful greenish-blue oasis lives in the shadow of the sacred Humantay mountain, almost 15,000 feet above sea level.
There's no need to climb that high on this day's tour. Your hiking is restricted to three moderately challenging kilometers, as you travel by bus from Cusco on a journey to discover the breathtaking landscapes of the Andean mountains.
You'll set off early on this return adventure, racing the dawn to the town of Mollepata where breakfast will be served. Fueled with a sense of adventure (and maybe some eggs) you'll continue to Soraypampa, and take on the two-hour trek towards your mesmerizing destination.
It's no wonder the ancient Inca revered Humantay Mountain and the stunning turquoise lagoon that's nestled beneath its snow-capped peaks. To this day, offerings are left around the water to Pachamama, their representation of Mother Earth.
Your English-speaking guide will lead you, explaining the cultural significance of Humantay Lake, and you'll have a healthy amount of free time to capture those 'candid' photos of you looking across the water!
- After booking, the tour operator will contact you by e-mail to arrange your hotel pick-up
- Show the driver your smartphone ticket at the place and time agreed upon. Make sure to be ready on time!
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
- For this tour, make sure you wear hiking shoes or comfortable walking shoes with a thick sole
- Bring water, walking sticks if needed, sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses, a hat, and warm clothes (based on the season), as temperatures might drop
- Hiking sticks can also be bought from the guide for a small fee, please bring cash for this
- Between October and April, you should bring a waterproof jacket or rain poncho