- See a recreated Philippines reef teeming with live corals, vibrant schooling fishes, elegant stingrays and sharks!
- Go face-to-face with belugas, dolphins and penguins at the underwater windows of the Polar Play Zone
- Meet Shedd’s famous rescued sea turtle, Nickel, and watch as a diver feeds the animals in the Caribbean Reef habitat
Shedd Aquarium allows you to look nature in the eye, as you immerse yourself in seas, rainforests and reefs, right in the heart of Chicago! Explore the lives of aquatic animals, meet and touch some special species, indulge your inner penguin at the Polar Play Zone, and learn with hands-on exhibits and family-fun activities.
Meet the creatures of the deep at Chicago's Shedd Aquarium. This action-packed aquatic adventure brings the oceans, reefs, and rivers to you via special exhibits, hands-on activities, and more.
Dive deep into coral reefs and see what lives in flooded rainforests – without getting your feet wet! Look for piranhas, tarantulas, stingrays, monkeys, and even a 14-foot anaconda.
Explore the rocky Pacific Northwest coast, the fresh Great Lakes, and the warm Caribbean waves. Visit a fishing village where residents saved their reef from destruction. See marine life at every turn, from beluga whales, dolphins, sea lions and sea otters to native ducks, Asian carp, and touchable prehistoric sturgeons.
Worried there's not enough to do for the kids? Watch as they slip into a penguin suit and waddle around in the Icy South play area. In the Icy North they can even explore Arctic waters in a kid-sized submarine! It's fun, educational, and will leave you with a profound sense of the ocean's current state and how we can all help.
- Redeem your smartphone voucher for a Shedd admission ticket at the will-call desk in the main foyer
- Passes for presentations must be reserved at one of the North Lobby kiosks in front of the Soundings Cafe on the day of your visit
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Visiting with kids:
Shedd is a popular place and can get crowded, especially on weekends, in the summer, and on holidays. Sunday mornings, when the aquarium is least crowded, are a great time for relaxed family visits.
Make the most of your day by planning your trip around animal experiences/special presentations. Please refer to the venue website for the current program.