- Visit a castle that dates back to the tenth century AD and has hosted the royalty of Europe, as well as historical figures including Nostradamus
- Wander the grounds and discover contemporary art installations both in and out of the castle – anticipate the surreal around every bend
- Discover 26 unique gardens that you can spend hours getting lost in, including traditional gardens of China, Korea and Africa all in the heart of France
You could mistake the Château de Chaumont for being pulled straight out of Disneyland, except it was built 1,000 years ago to manage borders. After a turbulent history (it was dismantled and then rebuilt after a failed rebellion against King Louis XI), the grounds have bloomed into a horticultural dream.
Art comes alive at the Domaine de Chaumont-sur-Loire, where permanent installations and seasonal offerings intermingle and leave you with a sense of reverie.
After you've seen the château's interior and adored the adornments, then head outside. No visit would be complete without stopping by the late 19th-century stables, where you'll find harnesses made by Hermès (before they turned toward high-fashion).
- Please show your smartphone ticket at the entrance
- Last admission 1 hour before closing
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
While you explore the interior, keep an eye out for the Louis XV commode that's been repaired by the Japanese art of Kintsugi.