- Spend a full day with a guide who'll tell you Dracula-related myths, legends, and facts
- See where the historical inspiration for Count Dracula held his court in Targoviste
- Visit some of the area's most iconic locations, and follow the footsteps of Vlad the Impaler
There's safety in numbers, so get close to your group and prepare for a nailbiting journey into the life of the world's most famous vampire - Dracula. Or rather, the life of the Wallachian ruler known as Vlad the Impaler, who served as the inspiration for the vampiric character.
This full-day tour of castles, monasteries, and some of Romania's most stunning scenery explores the locations and legends related to the 'real' Dracula.
Learn the quirks of Vlad the Impaler, the notoriously sadistic ruler and his castle, and find out how he dodged the Turks in 1462 through fang-tastic stories from your guide.
Gaze up at Curtea de Arges and its twirly turrets, see where the princes would come to be crowned, and learn the facts behind one of the most breathtaking monasteries in South Romania. In Targoviste, feel part of history in the ruins of the former royal court. It was here, in the 15th century, that Vlad Ţepeş held his princely court.
On the way back to Bucharest, stop at Vidraru Lake, an artificial lake with a submerged village on the bottom. You might recognize the famous Transfagarasan Road, too. It was named by Top Gear as "the most beautiful road in the world". We're sure Vlad would have approved.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the meeting point
- The meeting point is opposite the Romanian Athenaeum concert hall, between the small garden and the parking lot
- Make sure to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure, latecomers won't be waited for
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket