- Witness art treasures and archaeological discoveries from all five continents
- See a mysterious (and enormous) sculpture from Easter Island
- View everything from prehistoric hand axes to Egyptian mummies, Delft pottery and Flemish tapestries
More than a museum, the Art and History Museum feels more like a homage to all things ancient and unusual. Built as a celebration of Belgium's 50 year independence, featuring 600,000 artifacts and art objects from all over the globe.
Built by King Leopold II, the mighty Art and History Museum is one of the biggest museums in Europe. So get ready to walk and explore!
Get among thousands of art treasures and historical objects, plus artifacts from prehistoric times. You'll be wowed by Egyptian sarcophagi and Greek vases, an impressive mosaic floor from Apamea, and a model of Ancient Rome.
Learn about the progression of different civilizations over time, delve into a collection of pre-Columbian art and ponder over an enormous statue from Easter Island.
It's a labyrinth of amazing discoveries.
Enter the museum, pass the cashier and go straight to the info desk and scan your ticket there.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Train to Merode or Schuman + 5 minutes walking
- Metro to Merode or Schuman
- Bus: Lines 22, 27 or 80 to Galliërs, line 61 to Merode
- Tram: Lines 81 or 82 to Merode
- Parking spaces available in front of the main entrance and the park entrance