- See the place where Vincent van Gogh first registered as an artist, plus the original pulpit of his father Theo
- Explore Etten-Leur, where van Gogh's father was a preacher, where he set up his first studio, and where he first found love and heartbreak
- See his story told in the stained-glass windows and see the clock tower with a Van Gogh timeline
When a 28-year-old Vincent van Gogh gave up on becoming an art dealer, a teacher and a preacher in 1881, he registered as an artist, right here in Etten-Leur. Explore the Van Gogh Church in Etten-Leur and see his story told in animation, stained-glass windows, and even a clock tower!
Find out why Etten-Leur was the turning point in the life of Vincent van Gogh!
Come see the place where the innovative artist (1853-1890) sowed the seeds of his influential career, a story told in the stained-glass windows of the Van Gogh Church. Even the clock tower has a Van Gogh timeline!
Watch an animated film in the church and see the original pulpit of his father, Theodorus van Gogh.
Elsewhere in Etten-Leur, you can wander the cemetery, visit the Van Gogh Petit Cinema and the Information Center, and even take a Van Gogh themed walk through all his favorite haunts.
- Entrance to the Van Gogh Church in Etten-Leur
- Movie Een Zaaier in Etten (Dutch with English subtitles)
- Guided tour
Show your smartphone ticket at the Etten-Leur Cityshop on Markt 4, then proceed to the church.
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Train to Etten-Leur + 4 minutes walking, or take bus 215 from the train station and get off at Stadskantoor.