- Join a guide and enter the most famous castle in Romania - Castle Bran
- Hear local vampire legends, including all the nitty gritty on Count Dracula
- Learn about royal life and Romanian royal families from medieval times to the present
Did you know that Romania has over 200 castles, palaces, and fortresses and that 126 of them are in Transylvania alone? Visit the most famous one, Castle Bran, on this guided tour. Learn about that Dracula association, explore the rooms and find out why Castle Bran is the most visited tourist attraction in Romania.
Dust off your most menacing cloaks and fast-track your way into one of the most beautiful royal castles in Europe, which is also one of the most infamous thanks to its association with Count Dracula. Mwah-hah-hah!
Born in 1431 in Sighisoara, a small town in the heart of Transylvania, Dracula was actually more than just a scary cloak-wearing vampire. You'll get the details of his life and more at Castle Bran.
It was built in 1377 by the Hungarian king Ludovic I D’Anjou. Learn the history of this fascinating medieval haunt with your guide. Find out how much gold you once had to pay in taxes to enter Bran Castle, and hear local vampire legends and stories about the Romanian royal families.
Maria - wife of the third king of Romania - was the last to restore Castle Bran in 1926, and she left her heart there. Literally. It's buried close-by in a box. Now that is something the Count would approve of.
- Go to the Transylvanian Wonders office, located within a 5-minute walk from the castle, and swap your smartphone voucher for a paper ticket
- Make sure to be at the office on time for your selected timeslot!
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Getting to the ticket redemption point (Transylvanian Wonders Office):
Bus terminal 2 in Brasov provides regular rides between Brasov and Bran - Moeciu and return trips, with departures every 30 minutes, and at every hour during weekends.