- Walk beside a monumental part of British and Roman history dating back to 122 CE
- Visit the sites of two forts that played pivotal roles in defending the Roman Empire against the Picts
- Step inside a reconstruction of a house that a commanding Roman officer would have lived in
Legions of men were torn away from the warmth of the Mediterranean to expand the empire into Britain and build a wall to mark the frontier of Hadrian's Rome. Where they suffered, we can delight.
This half-day tour to Hadrian's Wall focuses on the eastern section of the structure, close to Wallsend. You'll have the chance to see a Roman gatehouse at the fort of Arbeia and walk along the wall at Segedunum.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the meeting point, Newcastle Central Station
- Your guide will wait for you in front of the station, in an Iles Tours branded jacket or polo top
- Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before your selected timelot
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket