Tickets for Altes Museum: Skip The Line
A treasure trove of Classical antiquities
- Skip the line into a collection of some of the finest examples of European classical antiquities in a spectacular Neoclassical building
- Admire the craftsmanship and beauty of works of art from the Greek and Roman empires - including the portraits of Cleopatra and her lover Julius Caesar
- The Münzkabinett (Coin Cabinet) has over 1,400 coins from the 7th century BCE to the 3rd century CE - plus medals from the 15th century and historic seals from the Middle Ages. Cha-ching!
Skip the line into the Altes Museum on Berlin's famous Museum Island. You'll be transported back to an ancient world, where Greek philosophers wandered and Roman soldiers marched. Get inspired by the art of the Etruscans, the skill and mastery of the Greek potters, and the precision of the ancient statues, including the world’s most famous lovers, Julius Caesar and Cleopatra.
Old doesn't always mean 'good'. But in the case of the Altes Museum (Old Museum), every bit of its oldness is impressive. The building, completed in 1830, is one of the most important examples of Neoclassical architecture in the whole of Germany.
And the stunning exterior is matched equally by the beauty and intricacy of the museum’s interior. And that's just the architecture! The collection of treasures it holds is - if anything - even more impressive.
You'll wander through rooms decorated with vases and sculptures created from a vast array of materials such as bronze, terracotta, glass, and even ivory, and jewelry made from precious metals and stones. Other highlights include the Münzkabinett (Coin Cabinet) and the fine collection of Etruscan art.
In fact, everything in this museum is old and impressive. Except you - you look great for your age.
Take any train, metro or bus to Friedrichstraße or a train or tram to Hackescher Markt.
- 10:00 - 18:00, Thursday till 20:00
- The upper floor opens at 11:00