- Learn all about the events leading up to World War II and the decisive Battle of the Bulge – one of the most dramatic moments in modern history
- Follow the perspectives of four ordinary people caught up in the conflict and see how their stories interconnect throughout the war
- Step into history as you walk through atmospheric recreations of moments from the war
With authentic weapons, vehicles, uniforms, and artifacts, the Bastogne War Museum immerses you in one of the most dramatic periods of history. This cutting-edge visitor experience explores the causes, events, and consequences of World War II. It's a thrilling journey through world history and a stirring tribute to all who lost their lives.
Just a stone's throw from the real site of the Battle of the Bulge is Bastogne's War Museum, which contextualizes the intercontinental conflict, looking at the war through the eyes of ordinary people caught up in it.
The museum follows the experiences of an American and a German soldier, a Bastogne school teacher, and a 10-year-old boy, so at each stage you can see their thoughts and perspectives. The everyday horrors are brought to life with archive footage, high-tech recreations, and original artifacts.
You can also step inside pivotal moments of history, with detailed walkthrough scenes representing the Allied headquarters, the edge of the Ardennes Forest, and a civilian cafe amid the chaos of war.
You'll finish your journey with a visit to the Mardasson Memorial, the giant star-shaped tribute to the troops that lost their lives at the Battle of the Bulge.
With plenty of hands-on exhibits and thought-provoking testimonies, it's a profound history lesson that will change the way you understand WWII.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Bus: Lines 163b1, 163b4, or 163d to Bastogne Route du Mardasson
- Free parking is available on-site. Parking spaces close to the museum are available for visitors with reduced mobility