Tickets for Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site: Skip The Line
Explore a masterpiece of modernist architecture
- Repose in the beautiful gardens and feel the sense of tranquillity that the architect intended for the original patients in the early 20th century
- Explore the vast property, take in 16 pavilions and marvel at the level of detail and the sense of joy in the architecture
- Learn about the rich medical history of a hospital site that originally dates back to 1401
In the early 1900s, visionary architect Domènech i Montaner built something radical. On the site of a medieval hospital he designed a modern hospital that would provide patients with architectural and natural beauty that would help heal their spirits. It was an unheard of concept back then and it still feels revolutionary; explore the magnificent Art Nouveau complex that he devised.
The property comprises 16 pavilions, and includes underground tunnels and a sense of style that is characterized by mosaic art, colored roof tiles, intricate arches and fun, playful lines. There are courtyards and greenery that reflect Montaner’s conviction that flowers and trees could help patients more than a conventionally sterile environment. It’s a masterpiece, but not in the forbidding sense.
The building was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2009, and the hospital is now located in the north-east of the district.
How to use your tickets
Show your smartphone ticket at the entrance.
Good to know
- Metro: L5 to Sant Pau - Dos de Maig
- Bus: H8, 19, 20, 45, 47, 50, 51, 92, 117 or 192
- April - October: Monday - Saturday, 10:00 - 18:30; Sunday and Holidays: 10:00 - 14:30
- November - March: Monday - Saturday, 10:00 - 16:30; Sunday and Holidays, 10:00 - 14:30
If you like Gaudie architecture you will love this.
Jardins i l'entorn agradable per donar un passeig.
Impressiona són els túnels que connectant els pavellons.