Tickets for Palau de la Música Catalana Guided Tour: Skip The Line
An icon of modernist architecture
- Explore the only concert hall that also happens to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the grand Concert Hall
- Take in Lluís Domènech i Montaner's richly detailed Art Nouveau masterpiece (yes, a stunningly ornate Barcelona building not designed by Gaudí!)
- At the end of the tour, hear a musical selection played on the organ overlooking the grand Concert Hall
The Palau de la Música Catalana is a luxurious Catalan Art Nouveau masterpiece. It unites the decorative arts of sculpture, mosaic, stained glass and ironwork to provide an uplifting setting for the concerts that are regularly held there. This guided tour takes you deep into this jewel of Barcelonan Modernism.
If you thought Gaudí was Barcelona's favorite architect, you're right. But he's certainly not the only individual to have made contributions to the Catalan capital. The Palau de la Música, by Lluís Domènech i Montaner, is just as fanciful and rich in detail as anything by the more-famous Gaudí.
Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997, the Palau de la Música is as important as a bastion of Catalonian culture as it is for its architecture. And that's really saying something, because it's an architectural masterpiece. It uses natural light to illuminate the interior stained glass and mosaics. The effect is like being inside a music box (especially if you're here for a concert).
Tour highlights include the Rehearsal Hall, the Lluís Millet Hall, and the grand finale: a musical sampling on the organ in the spectacular Concert Hall.
- Guided tour (only in English)
Swap your smartphone voucher at the box office for a paper ticket.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: L1 or L4 to Urquinaona
- Bus: 45, V15 or V17
If you like modernisme and want to see beyond the works of Gaudi, then this tour is unmissable.. trust me.
The staff were also wonderful. Our tour guide (english) was knowledgeable and passionate about this magical place.
Enjoy.. you won't get it.