- Explore the world's best collection of Romanesque mural paintings and be amazed by Gaudí, Casas, Tiziano, Velázquez and more
- Marvel at the museum's amazing modern art collection of sculptures, paintings, drawings and prints, photography, poster work, cinema, plus architecture and the decorative arts
- Access the rooftop viewing area and opt for an audio guide and cava ticket for access to the temporary exhibitions and a glass of cool cava to enjoy with the panoramas
Oriol Maspons played an important part in the renewal of photographic language in Spain during the 1950s and 1960s. Lauded as one of the greatest Catalan photographers of all time, Maspons stylistically documented the sentiment of the city as it evolved economically and socially, as a new generation of thinkers and creatives emerged from the settling dust of the Spanish Civil War.
The medium of photography afforded him the privilege to capture the ephemeral transformations of a post-war society – and now, you can see 40 years of Maspons' work in this first major retrospective exhibition in the heart of Barcelona.
Inspire your inner artist with the world's finest collection of Romanesque mural paintings at the National Museum of Art of Catalunya in Barcelona. Skip the line and see works by the greats, including Gaudí, Casas, Tiziano, Velázquez and more, plus sculptures, modern art and photography.
Art is life at Barcelona's National Museum of Art of Catalunya (Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya). From medieval Gothic Art from the 13th to 15th centuries, to Renaissance and Baroque art, to modern art, photography and more, browse and be wowed.
The collection of Romanesque Art is considered the world's best. See the biggest and oldest mural and panel paintings in Europe, plus metalwork and sculptures in wood and stone.
The museum also features an incredible modern gallery, divided into 5 sections: The Rise of the Modern Artist, Modernisme, Noucentisme, Art and Civil War, and the Avant-garde Revival of the Post-War Years.
Opt for an audio guide and cava ticket, and get access to the temporary exhibitions, access to the impressive rooftop viewing area and a glass of cool cava to enjoy with the panoramic views.
Skip the box office and get your smartphone ticket scanned at the small desk on the right of the entrance.
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket