- Escape Barcelona's big city hustle-bustle and enjoy a guided getaway to the majestic natural scenery of Montserrat
- Take a train car up the mountains and savor the sweeping valleys of the Catalan countryside
- Explore the Benedictine monastery at the top of the mountain and enjoy a spellbinding serenade by the Escolania de Montserrat boys' choir
They might look like something from a fairytale, but the enchanting mountains of Montserrat are very real! Escape the bustle of Barcelona and experience the calm side of Catalonia with a guided tour of this heavenly mountain sanctuary. Ride a railway up the rugged mountainside and experience some of the most spectacular scenery in Europe.
Barcelona is beautiful, but it's also busy. Catch a break from all the big city clamor and take yourself for a wander in the spiritual soul of Catalonia. Hop aboard an airy coach and be swept into the mesmerizing natural splendor of Montserrat, while a friendly guide provides insightful commentary along the way.
Like something from a fantasy novel, the mystical-looking mountaintop monastery at Montserrat overlooks a vast expanse of misty peaks, sweeping valleys, and idyllic countryside.
After stretching your legs and double-taking a couple of times, step into a train car, and see the breathtaking vista open up around you as you're whisked up the mountainside. When you arrive, your guide will lead you into a Benedictine monastery with interior design that gives even the Sagrada Familia a run for its money!
The tour hits a fittingly enchanting note at the end, as an angelic serenade by the Escolania de Montserrat boys' choir chimes across the mountains. Prepare for goosebumps - it's beautiful.
- Show your smartphone voucher to the guide at the starting point, in front of Desigual Store on Plaça de Catalunya
- Look for a black bus with a big Catalunya Bus Turístic logo on it
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before departure
- Departure time is at 10:00
- The tour ends at the starting point at 16:00
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Escape the bustle of Barcelona to a Catalan cultural center in the mountains
Our tour guide was lovely, very educated on our destination and made the trip a lot of fun.
There was enough free time to explore, also given suggestions and tips from our guide.
One comment though, the two hours allowed in Montserrat is not enough to enjoy the place. Apparently today, 10th May, is a holiday, which we didn’t know. The Mount was crowded and we didn’t get to look in the Monastery and did not listen to the choir. Nobody’s fault at such, but allowing at least 3 hrs would have been more satisfying.