- Your roundtrip train ride from Barcelona is included, meaning an easy ride to the top of Montserrat. Check out those views!
- Take some impressive photos of this Benedictine monastery, natural park, spiritual shrine and Catalan cultural center all in one, and don't forget the impressive art collection
- Witness the unusual rock formations of Catalonia, and see the famous Black Faced Madonna. You'll learn the hows and whys with your audio guide.
This daytrip to Montserrat is a chance to escape the city craziness of Barcelona and satisfy your craving for calm. At the top of a distinctive mountain (its name means "Serrated Mountain" in Catalan) you'll see some spectacular art, mooch about one of Catalonia’s most magnificent places, and even enjoy a spot of liqueur tasting.
You'll hop on the train from Barcelona's Plaza España to the FGC train station, climbing over 600 meters as you journey through gorgeous mountain surroundings to this spiritual shrine, and what's perhaps the epitome of Catalan culture.
When you're at the top, check out the audio-visual wonder that is Montserrat Behind Closed Doors. Learn about the monastery's heritage, the sanctuary and the mountains, and browse paintings by luminaries like Berruguete, El Greco, Caravaggio, Fortuny, Rusiñol, Casas, Nonell, Picasso and Dali, from the 13th through 20th centuries.
Say hello to the 12th century Virgin of Montserrat Basilica (Black Faced Madonna), and learn about the truths and mysteries surrounding her. (Hint: it started, as all good stories do, with some shepherd boys). You might have to queue for this privilege - 20 to 40 minutes is normal in the morning - but you can look forward to a drink for your efforts afterwards - there's that liqueur tasting to be done at the Montserrat shop, (hic!)
Muntanya de Montserrat
- Round trip train ticket
- Audio-visual guide
- Montserrat museum
- Liqueur tasting
- Food and beverages
Take Train R5 - From FGC (Barcelona) Plaça Espanya to Monistrol de Montserrat
- Trains to Montserrat depart from Barcelona-Plaça Espanya Station every hour, starting at 08:36
- Validate your tickets between 8:00 - 13:00 at the ticket office.
- 2-3 trains leave from Montserrat for Barcelona (last train is at 18:00)
- Total journey each way is approximately 90 minutes
I have wanted to see Gaudi"s work for over forty years, and to finally have that wish come true was marvelous. I would recommend pre-booking as this cuts out much queue waiting.
The trip to Montserrat was very interesting and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there, despite the amount of other tourists!
The trip itself was very well planned. I didn't have to do a thing just show my paper and I was given a ticket and told where to go I was very very easy. Which I very much appreciated. Everything ran perfectly on time. I'm only givening three stars due to the amount of intense walking required. The cafeteria food left something to be desired as well.
Speechless. What an incredible site. The Museum was way more robust than I thought.
It's magnificent place to visit .
L'endroit est incroyable, mais il vaut mieux arriver tôt pour avoir le temps de faire un circuit de marche le matin avant la levée du brouillard. Garder les visites du musee et de l'eglise en après-midi.
Wenn man sich erstmal orientiert hat, sehr gut.
Posto bellissimo e mistico,una vista mozzafiato e un viaggio comodo e puoi fare escursioni in cima la montagna per vedere lo spettacolo della natura che circonda Monserrat
Un des coup de cœur de notre voyage ! Les sentiers dans la montagne et les points de vue sont à couper le souffle.
Un incontournable si vous êtes dans cette région.