- Enjoy panoramic views on the recently refurbished Montjuïc Cable Car
- Experience Barcelona from another perspective
- Arrive at the Castell de Montjuïc in style and comfort
- Take in the sights of Montjuïc before your trip down
Ride in comfort as you soak up panoramic views of Barcelona. The recently refurbished Montjuïc Cable Car is one way to see the city in style.
This cable car connects Barcelona to the top of Montjuïc hill, where you get the very best views of the Catalan capital. Hop on the cable railway (funicular) at the Paral·lel metro station and then take the cable car for a 750-meter-long trip to the top of Montjuïc, high above the city. You can hop on and off at any of the three stations: Parc de Montjuïc, Miramar and Castell de Montjuïc.
Along the way to the top, enjoy a bird's eye view of the entire city. Your final destination is the top of the hill, and the 17th-century hilltop fortress and former prison, Montjuïc Castle.
While atop Montjuïc gazing out over the city - and landmarks La Sagrada Familia and the Agbar Tower - don't forget to go around the back and take in views of the harbor - it's just as beautiful. Other options for exploration while you're in the area are other cultural highlights, including the Fundació Joan Miró, Poble Espanyol, and the Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya.
Av. Miramar, 30, 08038
- Round trip ticket
- Entrance to Montjuïc Castle
Note: Do not go to the cable car at the port. If you take the funicular at Paral·lel metro station, it takes you to the first Montjuïc cable car station, which is the best way to get to the top of the mountain.
- January to February: 10:00 - 18:00
- March to May: 10:00 - 19:00
- June to September: 10:00 - 21:00
- October: 10:00 - 19:00
- November to December: 10:00 - 18:00
- Metro: L2 and L3 stops to Paral·lel + cable railway (funicular)
- Bus: line 55 - 150