- Soak up the ambience of this old 19th-century theater which has survived two fires and a bombing
- Choose one of two tours and get access to the Historic Vestibule, the Hall of Mirrors, the Main Auditorium, and the Foyer
- Opt for the Prestige option and see the fabulous Círculo del Liceo - an exclusive English-style club
Take a tour of the biggest horseshoe-shaped opera theater in Europe, and the second biggest in the world. Uncover the majestic world of the Catalan bourgeoisie and see the home of the exclusive club still operating today!
The Gran Teatre del Liceu stands as a symbol of Barcelona's cultural and artistic history. It was opened in 1847 and has since survived two fires and an anarchist bombing! Originally founded by private shareholders, it also has no royal box.
You can choose between two tours:
This 45-minute tour will show you all the best parts of the theater, from the elegant Renaissance-style lobby to the auditorium, an exact replica of the original horseshoe-shaped hall, designed in 1847.
See the seats capable of accommodating 2,300 opera connoisseurs and step into the historic Mirror Hall, which was once the preferred gathering place of the Catalan upper middle classes. Your tour concludes in the foyer, a multi-purpose venue located below the stalls.
Prestige Guided Tour
This 50-minute tour takes you through all of the above, but also includes a look at the Cercle del Liceu, a British-style private club founded in 1847. This spectacular area is home to one of Catalonia's most breathtaking Art Nouveau collections, spread throughout its lavishly decorated rooms.
A trip here will make you come away with a new appreciation for Catalan Art Nouveau, opera, and for exactly how much old buildings can put up with before they crack!
- Guided Tour or Prestige Guided Tour (depending on the selected ticket)
- Plays, shows and concerts
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Metro: Line 3 to Liceu.