Tickets for Gaudí's Crypt & Colonia Güell From Barcelona + Audio Guide
Take a train ride to Gaudí's treasure
- Round way train trip from Barcelona to visit Gaudí’s Crypt and the Colonia Güell
- Explore Gaudí’s best kept treasure: The Crypt
- Discover the masterpiece that inspired the Sagrada Familia
- Walk through the industrial village of late 19th Century: The Colonia Güell
Visit Gaudí’s Crypt by train and learn more about this unique place and its heritage with the audio guide.
Take the train from Plaza España FGC train station to discover the magnificent Crypt and Colonia Güell. To fully experience the site you will receive an audio guide, that will help you explore every detail.
The construction of Colonia Güell began in 1890 led by entrepreneur Eusebio Güell, in the environs of Barcelona. Eusebio Güell worked on improving the social conditions of his workers, providing them with cultural and religious facilities. In 1898 the architect Antonio Gaudí was commissioned to the project of building the church of the Colonia. The construction began in 1908, however Güell’s death set aside the ambitious development.
Without financial support from the Güell family, Gaudí had to abandon the project and the church remains incomplete. Even though the project is unfinished, the church is a culminating point of Gaudí's works. For the first time all of his architectural innovations are included into the construction, which later on led to the inspiration to build Sagrada Familia. The Crypt was declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2005.
How to use your tickets
Please validate your smartphone tickets between 08:00 and 13:00 at the ticket office at FGC Plaça Espanya train station (look for the orange sign)
Go to the underground station and you'll find a box office named 'Montserrat'. Show your confirmation to get the tickets for the train to Crypt Colonia Güell
Take the train line S33 or S8 or S4, stop Colonia Güell
- Round trip train ticket from Barcelona
- Entrance to Gaudí’s Crypt and Colonia Güell
Good to know
- 1 November - 30 April: Mon - Fri, 10:00 - 17:00; Weekend and bank holidays, 10:00 - 15:00
- 1 May - 31 October: Mon - Fri, 10:00 - 19:00; Weekend and bank holidays, 10:00 - 15:00