- Enjoy a fascinating tour of the Fundació Joan Miró, an innovative cultural center created by the man himself
- Get arty with over 15,000 paintings, sculptures, ceramics, textiles and more, created by some of the world's greatest artists
- Explore an incredible building designed by master architect Josep Lluís Sert – it's a veritable work of art!
Come explore the modernista architect Miró-Gaudí-Gomis's influence on Miró's work in a thought-provoking Gaudí Series showcasing art, photos and a collection of sculptures. Miró was a huge fan of Gaudí's work, and both shared an urge to question the use of existing procedures and materials, as well as to explore man's deep bond with nature through art.
Discover the limitless imagination of legendary Catalan artist Joan Miró with a special guided tour. See his greatest works in this quirky cultural center, with paintings, sculptures, drawings, and sketches that showcase Miró's iconic style and artistic evolution. It's an art lover's dream!
Joan Miró shook up the art world with his groundbreaking use of vivid color and graphic organic forms. In his own words, "I try to apply colors like words that shape poems, like notes that shape music".
Enhance your cultural experience with a passionate guide, and check out the permanent exhibition displaying Miró's best work, plus pieces by some of the greatest artists of the 20th and 21st centuries. With over 15,000 artworks, there's plenty to ponder as you explore the foundation's beautifully designed galleries.
Miró established his Fundació to create a platform for young artists and spark a dialogue about contemporary art. True to his intention, it's still home to a dedicated gallery which showcases the work of young artists from all over the world.
You'll be so inspired, you might want to pick up an easel from the gift shop!
- Go to the "Groups" Ticket office 15 minutes before your tour
- Redeem your smartphone ticket for a printed ticket and join your group at the reception
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- Subway L3 and L2 to Paral·lel + Funicular to Parc de Montjuic
- Bus: Lines 55 and 150
The Jacques Dupin Library is a veritable treasure trove of Joan Miró reading material. Be sure to check it out!