- Discover the commemoration statue of the famous Christopher Columbus
- Climb to the top of the statue and enjoy a breathtaking view of the city and port
- Experience this great location between la Rambla and the Port
Okay, so Christopher Columbus accidentally stumbled across North America while searching for India. But the explorer still got himself a 60m tall cast-iron column on La Rambla, to commemorate his 'discovery' of America. Fittingly, the statue of Columbus that stands atop the column is pointing in the wrong direction.
This major landmark on the Rambla was built in 1888, for the Universal Exhibition, as a tribute to Christopher Columbus, who arrived at the port of Barcelona after his 'discovery' of America.
Inside the monument you will find the elevator that will take you to the observatory, 60 meters above ground level. There you will be able to enjoy 360-degrees views of Barcelona from north to south and from east to west.
Dominating the sky of Barcelona, the statue of Christopher Columbus is shown holding a navigational chart in his left hand, and pointing towards the sea with his right.
Wine Tasting Option
Embrace the opportunity and choose your wine tasting experience, with a glass of red, white, rosé or cava from four different 'Designation of Origin' regions: Alella, Catalunya, Penedès and Pla de Bages. You can even purchase the wine, take it home with you to enjoy it at a later period or store it in aspiration of having a wine cellar.
Show your smartphone ticket at the admission counter of the Columbus Monument.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are not possible for this ticket
- Metro: L3 to Drassanes
- Bus: 14, 59, 64, 91, 120, D20 or H14