Tickets for Casa de les Punxes: Skip The Line + Audio Guide
Explore Josep Puig i Cadafalch's art nouveau masterpiece
- With your audio guide you'll get the inside scoop on the recently re-opened Casa de les Punxes, a mighty Gothic castle designed by Josep Puig i Cadafalch
- Check out the painted-tile panels that crown the sections between the spires and learn the history of Saint Jordi, the dragon-slayer of Catalan legend
- Tuck into a delicious traditional breakfast or hearty brunch in the Matalaranya bar – one of the most stylish eateries in town
'The House of Spikes' might sound like some sort of torture chamber, but it's just the translation of the Gothic castle Casa de les Punxes in Barcelona's Avinguda Diagonal. As one of the most renowned buildings in the city, you won't miss its spiky spires piercing the sky, but the inside of this Catalan building is just as awe-inspiring. With this ticket you get skip the line access to this popular attraction and an informative and entertaining audio guide.
Casa de les Punxes was once three buildings located between the Avinguda Diagonal, Carrer Rosselló and Carrer Bruc. Then in 1905 a visionary architect by the name of Josep Puig i Cadafalch decided they should actually be one building, and that it should look like a northern European fairytale castle.
And, like it was tapped by the wand of a Fairy Godmother - POOF! - Casa de les Punxes sprang to life. Or something like that.
After skipping the entrance line, your audio guide will tell you all about the building project, and its many significant and fanciful features. From the four amazing turrets, through the wrought-iron balconies and stained glass windows. All the way down to the neo-Gothic style sculptures by Alfons Juyol. And it's not just a beautiful building, it also manages to symbolically tell the story of Saint Jordi, the dragon-slaying legend of Catalan history.
Breakfast or brunch
Does Modernist architecture whet your appetite? Grab yourself a ticket with either breakfast or brunch and you'll be literally in for a treat. Breakfast gets you coffee and a pastry, while brunch includes a glass of wine and a sampling of cheeses and Iberian ham.
- Skip-the-line access to Casa de les Punxes
- Audio guide
- Breakfast or brunch (if selected)
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
Metro: L4 or L5 to Verdaguer.
Sincerely and Appreciatively, David and Deborah MacMurray