- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes are possible for this ticket
- See the fantastical family home of famous chocolatier Antoni Amatller Costa
- Explore the amazing modernist work of architect Puig i Cadafalch, a contemporary of Gaudí, and wander the bedrooms, dressing rooms, bathrooms and more with an audio guide to lead the way
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with a cup of Amatller's world-renowned hot chocolate at the end of your visit
Casa Amatller was the home of famed chocolatier, Antoni Amatller Costa (1851-1910) and is one of Barcelona's most mind-boggling buildings. Spot the dragons, knights, and other mythical characters on the facade, and explore one of architect Cadafalch's most incredible works. Best of all, you'll get to sample the legendary chocolate at the end!
Casa Amatller was remodeled by Puig i Cadafalch, one of the most famous architects from Gaudí's time. You can almost see inside his twisted mind when you look at the facade - a mind-bending mishmash of colorful tiles!
Walk around with your audio guide and see the original furniture used by the chocolatier Antoni Amatller Costa (1851-1910) and his family. This man was a bit of an early Willy Wonka – he traveled Europe visiting chocolate factories, and inherited the family business from his father and uncle before turning 25.
There might not be any Oompa Loompas around but you will see the majestic bedroom doors featuring sculptural allegories, the dressing rooms and bathrooms, the dining room, music room and the scullery.
Appetites thoroughly whetted, you can finally taste Amatller's famous confectionary, enjoying a mouthwatering cup of hot chocolate at the end of your visit.
Metro: Line L3 or L4, get off at Passeig de Gràcia.