- Travel through beautiful scenery and wildlife habitats to reach the falls, and learn how Johnston Canyon was formed
- Wander through a natural cave to gaze down at the flowering waters of the lower falls, and explore the different levels with your guide
- Get cookies and warm drinks on the bus on the way back to Banff, and get your hiking poles and ice cleats included
Feel the magic of a real life fairy-tale setting on this tour to one of Banff National Park's most enchanting natural treasures. The Johnston Canyon Icewalk sends you hiking, poles-and-all, into an icy world of waterfalls, frozen towers and one of the planet's most gorgeous gorges.
If Elsa from Frozen were real, she'd most certainly sing Let It Go in Johnston Canyon - probably from the top of the glittering tower of ice, where brave climbers scale columns that are quite literally frozen.
You'll be led in safety across the different levels, where sparkling crevices, rushing waterfalls and over a thousand years of geology in action have made a majestic cathedral of ice.
Witness the frozen creek bed with its ancient pictographs - some of nature's finest artwork!
As you journey back to Banff, snacking on maple cookies and sipping on hot chocolate, your time at the Johnston Canyon Icewalk will feel like a blissful dream.
- Meeting point is at the public parking lot behind Mount Royal Hotel
- Show your smartphone ticket to the driver
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket