- Enjoy eight hours in Bagan with a knowledgeable, English-speaking guide and see Myanmar's cultural highlights
- Uncover the past and learn how Bagan was the capital of the Pagan Kingdom, the first unified kingdom in Burma
- Visit Nyaung U outdoor market where textiles and produce are sold, and see local craftsmen at work in Myinkaba
The beauty of Bagan is almost mythical, and with roots dating back to the second century AD, its history runs deep too. This guided tour will take you to a few of the once-great city's most important temples, and also let you roam two local street markets. This immersive experience will highlight Myanmar's culture and reveal the history of the Pagan Kingdom.
Your day starts Nyaung U Market, Bagan's largest outdoor market, where you can try local delicacies and see homemade wares. The local women at the market are known to smoke huge cheroot cigars, and watching them puffing away is a sight to remember. Then, move on to some of the most impressive architecture in the country, in Bagan.
One of the most astounding sites you'll visit is Ananda Temple. Dating back to 1105 AD, it mixes Mon and Indian architecture, and has been dubbed the 'Westminster Abbey of Burma'.
You'll also swing by the imposing, 200-foot tall Thatbyinnyu Temple and the Nat Hlaung Kyaung temple, one of the oldest surviving wooden monasteries in the old city. Other visits include the Manuha Temple and Gubyaukgyi Temple.
- After booking, the operator will contact you to arrange your hotel pick-up
- Present your smartphone voucher to the driver when you are picked up
- At the Bagan Archaeological Zone, present your smartphone voucher at the redemption counter to receive your Bagan Archaeological Zone Pass (if applicable)
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Bagan Archaeological Zone: Zone Pass & Private Tuk Tuk Transfer
See ancient temples and pagodas, and enjoy a private tuk-tuk transfer