- See hand-made traditional Greek toys dating from the 18th to the 20th century
- Explore 20th-century commercial products, team sports, board games, and seasonal games
- Be amazed by toys from Roman, Byzantine and post-Byzantine periods, all the way to the 1970s
Before Barbie, iPads and LEGO took over, kids were entertained in very different ways. Dive into a toy box at the Benaki Toy Museum and see 20,000 children's toys, games and childhood items, from antiquity to 1970! Plus toys from the Roman, Byzantine and post-Byzantine periods.
Put away the gadgets and step into an old-school world of toys! The Benaki Toy Museum is based on the vintage collection by toy-lover Maria Argyriadi, which is one of the most important in Europe!
Be wowed by 20,000 toys and games and childhood items from Roman, Byzantine and post-Byzantine periods to 1970. See items remade by elderly Greeks, such as bows and arrows made from tree branches and string, and cars made from tin food cans.
See European dolls and games from the 17th to the 20th century, a selection of 19th and 20th-century European regional costume dolls wearing traditional Greek clothing, and more!
Go directly to the box office and show your smartphone ticket to have it scanned.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Tram to Trokantero (Τροκαντερό)
- Bus: Lines 217, A1, B1, and B2 to Oulen (Ουλεν)