- See how much the modern Western technological civilisation owes to the Greeks, with over 300 working models based on ancient Greek designs
- See the robot servant of Philon, the cinema of Heron, the automatic clock of Ktesibios, the analog computer of Antikythera and more
- Learn as you go via audio-visual material (in Greek and English), explanatory labels, giant posters, diagrams, animation and photos
The ancient Greeks contributed greatly to the fields of philosophy, fine arts, and science, but the technology they used is still relatively unknown. Be amazed by 300 working replicas of ancient Greek inventions and see robots, alarm clocks, lifting mechanisms and loads more!
Did you know the ancient Greeks invented a 'cinema' with moving picture and sound? Or that they dreamed up automobiles and steam-engines? Or that they used robots to serve them? Yes, robots!
Come and join the curious crowds intrigued by the concept of cutting-edge technology from ancient Greece.
See how they calculated and worked with sophisticated data. See vending machines, and lifting mechanisms capable of building tall structures with hardly any manpower. It's enough to change the world as you know it!
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Museum founder Kostas Kotsanas spent 22 years of painstaking research to bring this collection to life. All replicas were made by him... which is probably more impressive than the museum itself?