- Visit the only museum of contemporary European painting in Greece
- See hundreds of artworks from Greece and the wider continent housed in two beautiful Neoclassical buildings
- Rotating temporary exhibitions focused on cultural and artistic developments in Europe are sure to resonate with art lovers and novices alike
Located smack-bang in the middle of Athens, the Frissiras Museum is an urban oasis of eclectic aesthetics and artistic expression. It's Greece's only museum dedicated entirely to contemporary European painting. Snap up a smartphone ticket and easel-y discover the best of Europe's modern fine art.
Not satisfied with being the cradle of Western civilization and the birthplace of gyros, Greece continues to be a hub of new cultural riches. Exhibit A: the Frissiras Museum.
Housed in two stunning Neoclassical buildings, the museum's collection is comprised of 3,500 arresting contemporary European artworks, displayed in thematic rotating exhibitions.
See a colorful blend of works by established and younger artists from Greece and beyond, with accessible and emotive themes that center on the artistic and cultural developments in contemporary Europe.
Go directly to the box office and show your smartphone ticket to get it scanned.
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
Metro to Syntagma or Acropolis, bus or trolley bus to Syntagma.
Photography is unfortunately not permitted inside the museum - it's a live in the moment type of place.