- Discover one of the most impressive remnants of ancient Greece, and the timeless beauty of Greece's countryside
- Wander the spectacular ruins of the Temple of Apollo, the Castalian Spring, and ancient monuments around Delphi
- Discover more amazing ancient artifacts in the Delphi Archeological Museum, and see the Sphinx of Naxos
Don your finest toga and make a pilgrimage to the cradle of Western civilization with a tour from Athens to the spectacular ruins of Delphi. A friendly Greek guide will weave tales about the myths and history that haunt these ancient hillsides.
Your inner Stoic will be put to the test by the majestic open vistas as you climb the side of Mount Parnassus. You'll see why Pythia, the famous oracle of Delphi, chose this spot to prophecize the future of Greece from.
It's not in the best shape these days, but millennia of weather, earthquakes, and religious sacking will do that to a limestone temple. Clearly, the Oracle didn't see that coming! During the tour, you'll visit the Castalian Spring, where Apollo slew the great Python, as well as the Kings of Argos Monument, the Athenian Treasury, the Stoa of the Athenians, the Polygonal Wall, the Serpent Column, and more.
You'll also have the chance to visit the Delphi Archaeological Museum. Here, you can browse all manner of treasures that have been discovered in and around Delphi over the centuries. See the famous Sphinx of Naxos, and other mythological statues, armor, and ancient artifacts on this history-rich tour.
- After booking, the tour operator will contact you via email to arrange your hotel pick-up which will be at around 08:45
- Show your smartphone ticket to your guide at the agreed pick-up point and time
- Make sure to be there on time
- Cancellations are possible up to 72 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket