Tickets for Benaki Museum of Modern Greek Culture
Prehistoric, Ancient Greek art and more in a neoclassical-style building
- Witness a unique exhibition focused on the fascinating changes and traditions of Greek culture
- Browse the insides, and grounds of a stunning neoclassical-style building
- See post-Byzantine and neo-Hellenic art, prehistoric, ancient Greek and Roman antiquities, The Byzantine collection and more
Join Joan and Paddy Leigh Fermor, a photographer and writer who shared their lives as lovers and friends in Greece. See Joan's images of the London Blitz, and the photos taken by her and Paddy on their amazing journey travels around Greece in the 1940s and 1960s.
The Benaki Museum of Greek Civilization is a hive of gorgeous Greek art and material representing the country's culture and traditions. See Prehistoric, Ancient Greek and Roman antiquities, The Byzantine Collection and more in a beautiful neoclassical-style building.
Come explore more than togas and ruins at The Benaki Museum of Greek Culture. This jaw-dropping neoclassical-style building is an art piece on its own, and was converted into a museum purely to house Antonis Benakis' treasures.
The collection of Prehistoric, Ancient Greek and Roman antiquities showcases items from the dawn of Prehistory to the end of the Roman era. The post-Byzantine and neo-Hellenic exhibition covers ecclesiastical and secular art from the 15th to the 19th century.
The Byzantine collection links ancient and modern Greece via stunning paintings, while an array of historical heirlooms walks you through the history of modern Greece, from the end of the 18th century to today.
An art lover's treat in Athens!
- Admission to the permanent collection
- Admission to the temporary exhibitions
Scan your smartphone ticket at the box office.
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Metro: Lines 2 and 3 to Syntagma or Evangelismos
- Bus: Lines 022, 054, 100, 220, 221, 235, 608, 622, 732, 815 and X14 to Syntagma or lines 022 and 060 to Kolonaki