- Known as the cradle of western civilization, explore one of the world's most important architectural heritage sites
- Uncover the history as you walk amongst amazing ruins - you'll take some great photos!
- See the imposing columns of the Parthenon – the most imitated building in the world
The Acropolis has been waiting an awfully long time for you to arrive! Visit this ancient Greek wonder, see the Parthenon – the most famous ancient Greek temple ever built, dedicated to Athena, the goddess of war – and get amazing views of Athens from the rocky outcrop.
The Acropolis has been studied for centuries and, still, no one's entirely sure how they did it! Try to figure it out for yourself as you head for a solo exploration of the very cradle of Western civilization.
Marvel at the Parthenon, feel your jaw drop in the Dionysus Theater and enjoy the serene silence of the Sanctuary.
Check out the views from the rocky precipice and be sure to wear non-slip shoes! The 5th century BC surroundings weren't designed for high heels.
- Exchange your smartphone ticket for a paper one at Point 1) Keytours office at Athanasiou Diakou 26 (15 minutes from the Acropolis), open Mon-Fri 7:00-20:30, Sat 7:00-15:00 & 18:00-20:00, Sun 7:00-14:30 & 18:00-20:30
- After picking up your ticket, go to Point 2). To enter the Acropolis, walk 280m east on Dionysiou Areopagitou St until you reach the corner of Thrasillou St. The Acropolis entrance is in front of the Acropolis Museum
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes are possible for this ticket
To enjoy your visit more, be sure to wear comfortable non-slippery walking shoes! The floor of the Acropolis is very ancient, and millions of people walk on it every year, which can become dangerous with the wind.
However, best to buy this on the spot, rather than ahead of your visit... there might not be a queue and also you need to collect your ticket at travel agent nearby. Note also their opening hours which might restrict your time of visit.
But treat yourself to a frozen yogurt on route, you’ll need it before and after your climb up top!
wish the people who are serving are a bit friendly and polite .
So warm weather (inhuman).
1 million people walking around.
Slide floor, so go with apropiate shoes.
Beautiful views of huge Athens, beautiful ruins (as all the world knows), but it should be controlled all the people that visit at the same time. If not, in a few years it will be impossible to go.