Tickets for Nederlands Watermuseum
Play with water – and in it – at this interactive science and learning museum
- See pumps and filtration units and water-powered machinery
- Soak up the history of land-making and the tools used in the enormous task of maintaining dry land in a country that’s reclaimed from seas and lakes
- Check out contemporary photography artist Rogier Alleblas’ painted prints of people and water across the world
How were inland seas converted to dry land? What are we doing about water now? How are our lifestyles going to change in the years to come? Nederlands Watermuseum explores these questions via multimedia presentations and interactive exhibits. A visit here is a watershed moment for little ones!
Multimedia displays engage adults and kids alike with the complex story of how the Netherlands became dry land - and how the Dutch keep it that way. More than fifty interactive exhibits demonstrate water use around the world. If you want to find more detail, the display library is stocked and staffed.
The true joy of the museum, though, is the kids’ section. Exhibits use play to teach scientific concepts.
When you’ve spent all your energy, you can retire to the picnicking space or the adjacent park. On warm days, there are also wading pools for kids – just be sure to bring their suits!
- Entrance to the Watermuseum
- Access to the Waterlab (+ €1.50)
- Access to the Shampoo Factory (+ €1.50)
- Access to the holiday activities (+ €1.50)
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.
- Train to Arnhem Central Station + 5 minutes walking
- Bus: Line 9 to Burgemeestersplein
- A limited number of free parking spaces is available at the museum. Free parking spaces are also available at Zijpendaalseweg