Tickets for Fort Breendonk
Discover the darkest hour of European history at a Nazi prison camp in Belgium
- Enter Fort Breendonk and explore a real Nazi prison camp in the Belgian countryside
- An informative audio guide narrates this dark chapter of European history
- See the visceral artworks that prisoners created in the face of atrocity and pay respects at moving memorials dedicated to their memory
Turn the clocks back to one of Europe's darkest hours, and discover the chilling history etched in the walls of Fort Breendonk. This fortified military base was used as a prison camp for Belgian resistance fighters, political dissidents, and Jews during World War 2. Get a first-hand glimpse of the horrors experienced here and honor the memory of the brave souls who perished at the hands of the Nazis.
Breendonk was the site of immense cruelty by the Nazis but also unimaginable bravery by those who were interned there. An informative audio guide narrates these dark chapters as you walk the solemn halls.
Discover deeply arresting art by prisoners of Breendonk, and hear fascinating stories of resistance and courage told through memorial exhibits.
While the dark history of Breendonk and the post-war years are little cause for optimism, the fort's museum is shaped around championing a message of hope, and defending the integrity of universal human rights today.
This theme permeates every room and exhibit, and is an uplifting current in the face of one of history's greatest atrocities.
- Entrance to the fort
- Audio guide in Dutch, French, English and German
- Guided tour
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Public transportation: reachable but might be infrequent. Please be sure to check the time schedule and plan in advance
- By car: automatic GPS navigation might be incorrect. In such case please enter Rijksweg in Willebroek or Dendermondsesteenweg 305 (or 307 or 309) in Willebroek manually. There is a spacious free parking place next to the Memorial entrance