- Refresh your sense of wonder and appreciation for the sublime natural beauty of Guatemala's Western Highlands and its Maya culture with a guided day tour
- Discover the colorful, buzzing atmosphere of Chichicastenango Market and the countless Maya treasures waiting to be haggled for!
- Explore the rugged volcanic scenery of Lake Atitlán, surrounded by volcano cones, forest, and wildlife
Roam the sun-kissed hills of Guatemala's Western Highlands and enjoy a little slice of Maya paradise with this whirlwind day trip from Antigua Guatemala. Feel a gentle breeze whispering through ancient pine forests, hear the distant trill of tropical birds hovering in the warm air currents, and savor the spectacular color and atmosphere of Chichicastenango Market. Then roam around the sparkling shores of Lake Atitlán, and see how many volcanoes you can fit into your camera frame!
You'll be picked up from Antigua Guatemala and driven into the upper reaches of the Western Highlands for a proper taste of Guatemala's incredible Maya culture and its unearthly natural beauty.
Wind your way through pine-lined hillsides and quaint old villages, and arrive at the charming town of Chichicastenango, ready to get immersed in the rainbow of colors and buzzing atmosphere of Guatemala's largest open-air market.
Chichicastenango Market is a cultural treasure hunter's dream, with countless stalls and vendors selling beautiful Maya crafts, clothes, ornaments, art, delicacies, and fresh produce. Lighthearted haggling with the vendors is all part of the experience, so have fun and try to get a good deal.
After you've mastered the art of Maya bargain hunting, take your overflowing sense of wonder for a walk around the volcanic grandeur of Lake Atitlán Nature Reserve. Lake Atitlán is actually the crater of a massive supervolcano (caldera), and it's surrounded by some pretty breathtaking volcano cones too.
You'll have plenty of time to wander this mesmerizingly beautiful locale, to soak in the scenery, and snap it from every angle before returning to Lake Atitlán with your wanderlust sated.
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point, outside Hotel Convento Santa Catalina
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before departure, latecomers won't be waited for! The group leaves at 07:30
- Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date
- Changes may be possible for this ticket