- Listen to facts, legends, and stories about Antigua's top buildings, monuments, and churches
- Explore the Cathedral of Antigua Guatemala (San José Church), originally built around 1541
- Walk around a selection of beautiful and historic sites on the city's rustic cobblestone streets
Antigua, Guatemala is a town where time really stands still. Explore the city that was the capital of Guatemala for 200 years, and learn its facts, myths, and stories from your local guide.
Walk on cobblestone streets as you wind your way through the gorgeous colonial city of Antigua, home to majestic churches and monasteries, and some of the warmest people in Central America.
Your guide is one of them. Learn the facts as you walk together, and soak up the stories about Central Park, the Cathedral of Santiago, La Merced Church and more. You can almost feel the history oozing from the streets and walls.
See the striking Santa Catalina Arch, which once connected the Santa Catalina convent to a school, and meant the cloistered nuns could pass from one building to the other without stepping onto the street!
The original Cathedral of Antigua Guatemala (San José Church) was built around 1541, but suffered more than one devastating earthquake throughout its history. Step inside and see the details and care that went into the rebuilding.
The Mermaid's Fountain is a highlight and comes with a shocking story, too. You'll have to wait and find out what it is, but there's a king, a count, and some reluctant mothers involved.
This in-depth tour is a great way to immerse yourself in the fascinating history of Antigua.
- Three-hour guided walking tour of Antigua Guatemala with an English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Visit to the Cathedral of Antigua Guatemala (San José Church)
- Visit to the Arch of Santa Catalina
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Food & drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Show your smartphone ticket to your guide at the meeting point, outside the Café Barista in Antigua Guatemala
- Make sure to arrive at least 10 minutes before departure time, latecomers won't be waited for! The group leaves at 09:00
Cancellations are possible up to 24 hours before your visit date.