- Chill out, literally, in the coolest bar in Amsterdam. At -10°C you'll drink from a glass made of ice and prop up an ice bar!
- Learn how it feels to be stranded in the North Pole (don't worry, you'll get some warm thermal clothing and gloves before you go in)
- Enjoy 3 free drinks (a welcome drink plus 2 more beers, shots or orange juices)
The hottest bar in Amsterdam also happens to be the coldest, just around the corner from Amsterdam’s famous Rembrandt Square. Your ticket gets you entrance to this teeth-chatteringly awesome spot, plus three free drinks, snuggly thermals to wear, and an adventure into the North Pole.
Your host Willem Barentsz will welcome you into his world as a top Dutch explorer and thrust you into the experience of living on his ship - The Mercury - in 1596. Will you be able to tough it out in such extreme cold when the ship gets stranded? Frozen fingers crossed.
Once you’ve had your welcome cocktail in the lounge, you’ll be led through to the second room, which is chilled to a perfect -10°C. Your jaw will drop to the freezing floor when you first see the bar: they used 60 tons of natural ice to sculpt it into shape. The walls, the art, the furniture, in fact everything - including your glass - is made of ice!
You'll get two more drinks to warm your insides - once you're in your snuggly thermal coat and gloves. Choose from beers, shots or orange juices and soak up the rainbow effects of the state-of-the-art lighting. You'll never drink anywhere cooler than this; it's a great place to start - or finish - a night of partying on the Rembrandtplein!
- 3 free drinks (a welcome cocktail in the normal bar and then two other shots, ice-cold beers or orange juices, in the Icecold area)
- Admission to the Amsterdam XtraCold Icebar
- All the special clothing you'll need for the Xtracold experience
- Children: Non-alcoholic beverages
- Extra drinks
How to use your tickets
Simply flash your ticket on your smartphone.
- Mon - Thur: 12:30 - 01:00
- Fri - Sat: 12:00 - 02:40
- Sun: 12:00 - 01:00
- Tram: 9 or 4, stop 'Waterlooplein'
- Metro: stop Waterlooplein'
- Address: Amstel 194-196
Brilliant value for money 18 euro entrance and we had 1 mojeto and 2 shots of sambucca. Only in 20 mins which is more than enough