- Visit the beautiful Dutch countryside, see the windmill village of Zaanse Schans and the fishing villages of Volendam and Marken
- See the innards of a cheese factory, a traditional clog maker and more
- Ride the boat between Marken and Volendam, then head back to Amsterdam after a scenic day out
An ideal and idyllic daytrip out of Amsterdam and into the traditional Dutch life of days gone by. Fill your clogs with herring, windmills and picturesque village life - all with a live guide.
This excursion goes from Amsterdam right into the pastoral beauty of the Netherlands of the past. Just north of Amsterdam, on the edge of the river Zaan, is the windmill village of ‘de Zaanse Schans’. Packed with wooden windmills, houses, and museums built in the typically Dutch wooden architectural style, it's an actual working community. Rural Dutch life seemingly preserved right out of the days of long ago.
Then, carrying on through typical Dutch scenery, the tour arrives in historic Volendam, where you take a city walk along the shores of the former Zuiderzee and see a live demonstration in a cheese factory. Afterward, hop aboard a boat to the traditional fisherman’s village of Marken, which includes a visit to a traditional clog maker.
This trip is a perfect complement to your visit to the bustling city of Amsterdam. Though just a few miles outside the city, this Zaanse Schans, Volendam, and Marken tour delivers you right into the pages of a storybook.
- Transport on a deluxe coach
- Live guide
- Entrance to a windmill
- Entrance to a clogmaker
- Entrance to a cheese factory
- Boat ride between Marken and Volendam
- Food and drinks
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Tours & Tickets office, where you'll be guided to the bus
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the bus departs
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
Beautiful trip and well organized
Ενδιαφέρουσα εκδρομή σε γραφικά χωριά με πολλά τουριστικά μαγαζιά.
Los guías se mostraron amables todo el tiempo y algo que me sorprendió gratamente es que hablaban varios idiomas entre estos el castellano. Lo recomiendo totalmente!
The cheese tour was good, but was hoping there would be more demonstrating the process. Excellent cheese though and we bought lots!!!