- Visit the beautiful Dutch countryside, see the windmill village of Zaanse Schans and the fishing villages of Volendam and Marken
- See the innards of a cheese factory, a traditional clog maker and more
- Ride the boat between Marken and Volendam, then head back to Amsterdam after a scenic day out
An ideal and idyllic daytrip out of Amsterdam and into the traditional Dutch life of days gone by. Fill your clogs with herring, windmills and picturesque village life - all with a live guide.
This excursion goes from Amsterdam right into the pastoral beauty of the Netherlands of the past. Just north of Amsterdam, on the edge of the river Zaan, is the windmill village of ‘de Zaanse Schans’. Packed with wooden windmills, houses, and museums built in the typically Dutch wooden architectural style, it's an actual working community. Rural Dutch life seemingly preserved right out of the days of long ago.
Then, carrying on through typical Dutch scenery, the tour arrives in historic Volendam, where you take a city walk along the shores of the former Zuiderzee and see a live demonstration in a cheese factory. Afterward, hop aboard a boat to the traditional fisherman’s village of Marken, which includes a visit to a traditional clog maker.
This trip is a perfect complement to your visit to the bustling city of Amsterdam. Though just a few miles outside the city, this Zaanse Schans, Volendam, and Marken tour delivers you right into the pages of a storybook.
- Show your smartphone ticket at the Tours & Tickets office, where you'll be guided to the bus
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the bus departs
- Cancellations are not possible for this ticket
- Changes may be possible for this ticket
Brussels Day Tour from Amsterdam
See bustling Brussels on this guided tour and roundtrip from Amsterdam
Giethoorn: Roundtrip from Amsterdam + Free Canal Cruise
Relax in the 'Little Venice' of the Netherlands, a cute car-free village!
Bruges Day Tour from Amsterdam
Take a day trip to Belgium's most picturesque medieval city