Tickets for Van Gogh Museum: Skip The Line
Fastest access into the world's largest Van Gogh collection
- See more than 200 paintings, drawings and letters from Vincent van Gogh - it's the world's largest collection
- Get a complete picture of the artist, by comparing Van Gogh's work to those by his contemporaries. Highlights from other artists on display here include Gauguin's Les Misérables, and Monet's Tulip Fields near The Hague
- This is the second most popular attraction in Amsterdam. This Direct Access ticket lets you skip the often-lengthy line and walk straight into Van Gogh's world
The Van Gogh Museum houses the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh's artwork. This skip-the-line ticket - valid for a specific time slot - is the only way to quickly access the museum without queueing to buy a ticket at the box office. Get in at your chosen time, see the largest collection of his paintings - as well as works by many of his contemporaries - and trace his development as an artist.
The permanent collection of Van Gogh's works in the museum displays over 200 of his items, including his serene landscapes, beautiful still lifes and compelling drawings and letters. Seen together, they cast a revealing light on his extraordinary life. Don't miss his legendary painting Sunflowers and his eccentric self-portraits.
The museum also showcases works by some of Van Gogh’s contemporaries — including Gauguin and Monet — that put his paintings into a broader context. Besides the permanent collection the museum also exhibits seasonal expositions, which show various aspects of 19th-century art history.
The Dutch in Paris 1789–1914 (13 October 2017 - 7 January 2018)
Paris has always been a source of inspiration and romance, with many of history's greatest artists visiting and living in the city. This new exhibition explores the close relationship between Dutch artists and the French capital, charting the journeys that Van Spaendonck, Jongkind, Van Gogh, Van Dongen and Mondrian made - and the influence of the 'City of Lights' on their work.
Zeng Fanzhi (20 October 2017 - 25 February 2018)
Chinese painter Zeng Fanzhi has always cited Van Gogh as a major influence. For this exhibition, Fanzhi has created a special series of works that 're-imagine' some of the legendary artist's most iconic paintings – bringing them to new life with his trademark spiraling lines and bursts of vivid color.
- Skip the line access to the Van Gogh Museum
- Audio guides (5€ for adults, 3€ for children, available on-site in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean)
- Walk past the ticket office and go straight to the entrance
- Be on time to avoid missing your timeslot
- You have up to 30 minutes after your selected timeslot to enter the Van Gogh Museum
Cancellations are not possible for this ticket.
- Tram: 12, Museumplein; 2 or 5, Van Baerlestraat; 16, Rijksmuseum
- Bus: 170 or 172, Museumplein
If you want even more insights into Vincent van Gogh's world, you can pick up a multimedia guide inside the museum for an additional cost. It gives you a whole new perspective on his upbringing, work and what inspired him!